Patti LuPone Calls Madonna "A Movie Killer" And Throws Shade At Glenn Close

Broadway actress Patti LuPone stopped by "Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen" and slammed Madonna and Glenn Close.

The two-time Tonny winner and current nominee for "War Paint" was asked by the host what she believed about Madonna's acting in the film "Evita". In case you don't know, LuPone originated the role of Ev Peron on Broadway.

"Well, I was on the treadmill and,when MTV used to have videos, I saw, I believe it was "Buenos Aires", and I thought it was  a piece of sh-t. Madonna is a movie killer," the Broadway legend said, noting: "She's dead behind the eyes. She cannot act her way out of a paper bag. She should not be in film or on stage. She's a wonderful performer for what she does, but she is not an actress."

LuPone also threw a bit of shade at Glenn Close. In case you don't know, Patyi was set to play the character of Norma Desmond in the "Sunset Boulevard" during the London run. She had a signed contract to star in Broadway but then composer Andrew Lloyd Webber changed his mind and replaced her Close, who finally won the Tony.

Close is currently starring in "Sunset Boulevard" on Broadway again and LuPone was asked if she would go to watch the show.

"Well I was in it. I originated the role so I don't think I need to see it," Patti replied. She also revealed she is in good terms with Close today.

When asked about movie musicals, LuPone stated that the only person who knows how to do a musical is Rachel Bloom.

Check out the video below...




Comments

Popular Posts