Prince's Ex Wife Breaks Her Silence Following The Death Of Their Son

Prince's former wife Mayte Garcia has recently opened up about the sudden death of their son just six days after his birth.

In her new autobiography titled "The Most Beautiful: My life with Prince", Garcia, now 43, spoke out about the heartbreaking passing of the couple's son Amiir, who died of a rare genetic disorder called "Pfeiffer syndrom type 2".

The dancer revealed that the pair was overjoyed when they found out the then-22-year-old was pregnant.

The pregnancy went fine until Mayte started bleeding one day and a doctor suggested a test for genetic abnormalities, which was dangerous and Prince didn't agree at all.


Sadly Amiir was born with the genetic disorder, which caused systematic abnormalities.

Garcia also commented about Prince's reaction after their son's birth.

"I don't know how to describe the look on my husband's face. Pure joy...And then they held thein baby up to those harsh lights. The elation on my husband's face turned to pure terror," Mayte was quoted as saying, adding: "I don't think he ever got over it. I don't know how anybody can get over it. I know I haven't."

After Prince's shocking passing, Garcia revealed that her son's loss affected her wishes of becoming a mother.


Comments

Popular Posts