Katy Perry Talks Madonna, Fashion, Election And More On "Vogue"

Katy Perry looks absolutely awesome in her Comme des Garcons outfit for the cover of Vogue's May 2017 issue.

In an interview with the mag, Perry, 32, talked about many topics such as fashion, the Queen of Pop Madonna, growing up and life post-election.

"Amy Grant was our Madonna. We knew about Madonna and Marilyn Manson in my family because we picketed their concerts," Perry stated.

When asked by the mag about fashion, the pop icon replied: "Fashion is just a language. It's storytelling. I am so encouraged by the big morph in fashion that's happening at the moment. Everybody is shape-shifting, changing, adapting."

As for growing up, Katy claimed: "(I was not) allowed to interact with gay people...there is some generational racism. But I came out of the womb asking questions, curious from day one, and I'm really grateful for that: My curiosity has led me here. Anything I don't understand, I will just ask questions about."

The singer also shared about life post-election: "I was really disheartened for awhile; it just brought up a lot of trauma for me. Misogyny and sexism were in my childhood: I have an issue with suppressive males and not being seen as equal. I felt like a little kid again being faced with a scary, controlling guy."

For the full interview of Katy Perry, check out Vogue.com


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!


Comments

Popular Posts