Ian McKellen Opens Up About Why He Refused Dumbledore Role In "Harry Potter" Franchise

Ian McKellen was once given the opportunity of playing the part of Dumbledore in the "Harry Potter" movies after the original actor selected for the role, Richard Harris, died after making the two films in the franchise.

In a candid interview with the BBC, McKellen, 77, stated: "When they called me up and said would I be interested in being in the "Harry Potter" films, they didn't say in what part," noting "I worked out what they were thinking and I couldn't...I couldn't take over the past from an actor who I'd known didn't approve of me."

It was revealed that Harris described McKellen's acting as "technically brilliant but passionless" in the past.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts