Emilia Clarke Clarifies Quote About Cringeworthy Sexy Scenes

Emilia Clarke is setting the record straight about a quote that has been spreading around the web attributed to her, slamming gratuitous and racy scenes. 







Clarke, 28, was quoted as saying specific racy scenes made her "cringe," so she took to social media to clarify the matter.



"I was followed into a party by a journalist who asked me a question about female empowerment and then quoted me entirely out of context for an outlet I didn't agree to speak with," the actress wrote on her Instagram account, noting: "So I feel now, with the beauty of Instagram I should clarify my statements, if for nothing else than for posterity."


"In drama, if a nude scene forwards a story or is shot in a way that adds insight into characters, I'm perfectly fine with it. Sometimes explicit scenes are required and make sense for the characters/story, as they do in Westeros," Emilia shared, adding: "If it's gratuitous for gratuitous sake, then I will discuss with a director on how to make it more subtle. In either case, like a good Mother of Dragons, I'm always in control. #dracarys #bodiesmaybetemplesbutmindsarewhatmatter #MODforreal"


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts