Jane Fonda On Plastic Surgery: "I'm Not Proud That I've Had It"

Jane Fonda graces the cover of W magazine's June/July 2015 issue and she looks absolutely gorgeous.

In an interview with the mag, Fonda, 77, opened up about plastic surgery.



"I did have plastic surgery. I'm not proud of the fact that I've had it. But I grew up so defined by my looks. I was taught to think that if I wanted to be loved, I had to be thin and pretty. That leads to a lot of trouble," the iconic actress revealed.


Jane shared about recreating her career: "I realized I didn't have a lot of time left, and I wanted to pay more attention. I had a vision: I wanted to give a cultural face to older women. Ever since I got old, I have wanted to do television. It's much more forgiving for older women."



Fonda also spoke out about resilience.



"It's called resilience. And it's a very mysterious thing. When I was first starting out, I'd go to auditions, and I knew so many of the gals. Half of them were far more beautiful than me, and the other half were far more talented, but none of those women made it. I'd wonder: "Why did it happen for me and not them?" Now I think it has to do with that core resilience," the star explained.


For the full interview of Jane Fonda, check out WMagazine.com.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts