Gwen Stefani: "I've Never Felt Comfortable With Sexuality"

Gwen Stefani graced the cover of Fashion magazine's March 2015 issue, out on newsstands now, and she is absolutely gorgeous.  
















In an interview with the mag, Stefani, 45, shared about the the phrase "I Don't Know How She Does It" to her life: "There isn't any truth to the work-life balance thing. I don't want people to think that I could do these things without having all the help I have. I have a full-time assistant. I have nannies. I have tutors. I have housekeepers and managers and an army of people who help me with L.A.M.B.,. Even then, someone still suffers every day. Like today, poor Apollo got bummed out when I walked by him. I do feel guilty - a lot."


Gwen opened up about sexuality: "We have this sexual side to us that is alluring and powerful. It's a gift. When you discover it when you are around 14, it feels amazing. But you learn it's fleeting. Sexuality is something I've never felt comfortable with. I won't be doing any topless photo shoots anytime soon. It's not my thing. I don't judge people for it, but I didn't even wear high heels until I was 30. It's important to evolve outside of your sexuality to entertain people. It was never a card that I played or will play - ever."

The No Doubt lead singer talked about never regretting her fashion wardrobe choices: "Everything seems to have a reason for looking a certain way. If you (hand) me an old photo of myself, I can tell you why I'm wearing what I'm wearing. Somebody just showed me a picture of me at a MTV awards, where I was wearing this blue fur bathing suit top. Right away, I was like: "Yup, I know why I wore that." I had just gotten off a two-and-a-half year tour with No Doubt and I felt like I needed to break free a bit. How can anyone regret wearing something? I never do. It reflects who you are at that moment."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts