Susanna Hoffs Quotes

1. I went to UC Berkeley for college, and it was during the period when the whole punk movement was happening.  








2. My hair is naturally curly, and in the 80's, even though I experimented with different lengths, I generally wore it curly. Since then, I've learned how to use a blow dryer and flat iron.



3. We spent our 20s together and we hit 30 and went "Wait, wait, wait! Is this everything? Is this our life forever?" I don't know if the biological clock thing was thrown in too, (but) I knew I wanted to have a family so I think there was a sort of natural instinct in all of us to take a break.

4. You can't depend on accidents to make your career.

5. There are different chemistries you can have in different bands, and part of that's caused by the gender.

6. I can't express how wonderful it is to get feedback when you've been sort of in a bubble working on something and then you release it to the world and hope for the best. It's like the birth of a musical baby.


7. We worked so hard we almost stopped enjoying it.







8. I like singing in harmony - I like not having to sing every song.



9. I think the culture today is very, very different from what it was in the '60s, and I feel lucky that I grew up at a time when I had these very strong female role models.


10. That was the big lesson for all of us. Everything was going great on paper, but we all became miserable because we were so caught up in the machinery of how you make that happen, it took away the sheer joy.



11. Oh, well, I'd like to have commercial success. I guess.


12. I've had a lot of fun watching my husband's wonderful career as a filmmaker unfold and all the interesting places we've been and people we've met. It's just been a really enjoyable ride.






13. I don't read music, which is a shame, actually, and I shouldn't even speak of it because it's embarrassing, but it's true.



14. In theater and dance, I was trying to win someone's approval, trying to get in, trying to be good. It felt out of my control, whereas music suddenly felt like this free expression. It was fun.

15. I basically taught myself how to sing and play by copying records, and that's just how it was for me. I know that's true for a lot of budding musicians out there - that's the thing that gets them inspired, is trying to learn their favorite songs. I think it's a great way to teach yourself.



16. You realize you can get good at something, even though ballet almost felt like you could never be good enough. No matter how hard you worked, it was so hard to be a great dancer.


17. There are definitely some stories worth telling and I think there's something to be said for telling your story.






18. I still wear minis and cardigans, but I think I'll steer away from shoulder pads.


What do you think of Susanna Hoffs' quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts