Meagan Good Quotes

1. I would love to play Aaliyah. For all the things that black women go through in this industry, telling her story would be incredible.  



2. I think with the people that they talk about who do waitress and who came from a small town and they hit it big, it appears if it may have happened overnight, or that they just got discovered and their career took off, but in actuality, that person was probably waitressing for years and auditioning for years and had several smaller parts here and there before they got on something where they were discovered and things took off. I think, yeah, the appearance that it happens over night is not realistic for anybody, except maybe for Edward Furlong when he got put in "Terminator 2".


3. I didn't want girly…I wanted handsome. It's got a bit of a masculine feel to it. I wanted something that felt a tad bit rebellious and out of the ordinary. That felt closer to my personality.

4. For me personally, I am small town girl. I grew up in canyon country, California before it became Santa Clarita, back when it had tarantulas and scorpions and coyotes. I went on auditions as a hobby. Other kids went to soccer practice or ballet class, I went on auditions and then as I grew up, about 13, I got my first movie role in Friday, and that's when I decided that I wanted to do this as a career. I kind of have been working since I was 13. That's my story.


5. The next guy I meet is going to be my husband and I already talked to God about that. I was like "Check this out Lord, I know what you want for me," and he really wants a man that has completely sold out for Christ for me, who can help me improve and be better than I am.

6. I love creme liner because I have lash extensions and sometimes the liquid liner can get into the lashes. It's also easier to guide. I can create straighter lines with it.

7. I started out doing extra work on Doogie Howser and Amen.


8. I did a scary movie called "Venom" about a year ago and my character was supposed to be a voodoo priestess daughter. That I didn't mind because of the character, but, I just didn't want to refer to God a particular way. I'm a Christian, but not a religious Christian. I'm just very spiritual. I have my belief system and anything I feel would be disappointing to God I don't do. But, it has to be my personal feeling not someone else's or my pastors or my mom's. If I feel that it's going to be disappointing to him, I won't do it.

9. I believe that women should get a chance to see that when they are faced with these scenarios that they could potentially be focused on the wrong thing like what kind of car one drives or how much money one has.

10. Boys I been around my whole life were like "You Got Booty." I was like "For real?"


11. The first person I ever kissed was Samuel L. Jackson in Eve's Bayou, and I learned that once you get passed the initial nerves everything else is smooth sailing. You're already in the mind frame of the character and you're in the moment.

12. A lot of people get work because of the relationships that they have or the people that they know. Even if you are good at schmoozing people and create that those relationships, I don't believe that you have longevity if you don't have the acting chops to back it up. The two do go hand-in-hand. On the other side, you have the actors who have the chops, but they're not very social. Its the best combination when its hand in hand.

13. I won't say who the worst kiss I've ever had was with, but the cause of it being so bad was because of bad breath. I've never had to kiss anyone with the funk that comes up from the stomach. Thank God!


14. The beauty of having short hair is that I actually can wash and style it at home!


15. Most men want to have their cake and eat it, too, but when he is ready and has found "the one," then he knows that he's not going to find anyone else who is as dedicated as her. Once you find it, then there's no reason to fight it.

16. When I do photo shoots for mens magazines, I don't do lingerie, I don't do skimpy bikinis because I feel like, for young women, setting the standard of you can be sexy as hell, but you don't have to have your a.. hanging out. Just me personally, I just don't feel that it's necessary to project sexy. I feel like I can project that from the inside out. I can wear something a little sexy, but I don't need to take it to that next level.


17. It would take someone who is spiritual and loves God. Someone who respects my mind and what I have to offer besides my physical appearance. Someone who actually loves other people and is connected to my destiny. This person has to be walking down the same path as I and want the same thing out of life.




18. I don't think I would do nudity, but if it was the type of project where it was necessary to bring the whole point of the movie across and it was for a greater purpose than me just showing my body, then there's a possibility I'd do it. Really, the only thing I wont do is say the lords name in vain. Other than that, I kind of had to feel my way out and see if it makes sense for me.



19. I love anything vintage. And I love Marc Jacobs and shoes by Giuseppe Zanotti.

20. My boyfriend wasn't in the industry by any means everything was very new to him. He kind of felt violated by a lot of people trying to always be in our business. Small things. Wed go out for a regular dinner and then want to go see a movie and I'd be there signing autographs and taking pictures for 15 minutes and, for him, it got a little frustrating at times. He wasn't as understanding as I thought he'd be. Then there'd be guys who fans and he didn't know how to handle them and was always feeling disrespected instead of not taking it personally. In that aspect, it kind of made it hard because he didn't understand a lot of things that were going on. He didn't understand a lot of the ways that I had to go about handling things. It didn't work out and that was a lot of the reason why.


21. Make sure your desire to do what you're aspiring to do is deeper than just fame and being a celebrity.

22. I use bath gloves in the shower every day. People often comment on my skin and I just tell them that I use bath gloves.




23. There was one particular project that I can remember that they were like, flat out: "Dont do it," but it wasn't for me anyway.


24. A lot of the shoots and stuff that I've done the headings will read "Its All Good" or "Mmm mmm Good." So I guess you could say that. It is a catchy name and its actually my real name, not a stage name. I guess it was easier for people to remember me when I was starting out.

25. When I was growing up, I lived in a neighborhood that was largely Latino and I thought I was Latino!




26. So yeah, most of the time they try and direct me but I know what I want to do and I know what my goals are. To have someone to back up my feelings or agree with me is good, but at the end of the day, I know whats in my heart.


What do you think of Meagan Good's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts