Mary J. Blige In Bikini At 42: "I Refuse To Go Out Like Whitney"

Mary J. Blige shows off her bikini body in the December issue of Shape, explaining to the magazine how she manages to stay fit and focused at 42 years old.

Blige revealed she cut alcohol out of her life after the tragic passing of Whitney Houston, claiming: "Others may be able to drink and have a great time, but it doesn't work for me at this point."

"I haven't had a drink in a year and three months. I had quit for a long time but started again about five years ago," Blige noted, adding: "I'm off it completely once more, and now I feel stronger than ever."


Mary continued: "Whitney Houston's death really crushed me."





"I saw someone so incredibly talented just diminish, and I refuse to go out like that," Blige confessed.

Blige also attributes her healthy frame to cardio workouts and a gluten-free, dairy-free and low-carb diet.


"I had an "aha!" moment recently after a swim. I was walking by a mirror and I saw my abs, and they were crazy toned, and my arms looked unbelievable - in a good way, (and) I was thrilled and so proud of myself," Blige was quoted as saying.





Blige concluded: "When I'm fit, I can conquer the world. I love the way I look and feel right now and am truly comfortable in my own skin."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts