Evan Rachel Wood Quotes

1. I'd love to (make an album), but I've just never met people who didn't want to turn me into some pop diva.


2. (on playing "Tracy" in the movie "Thirteen") Once you commit, you commit. You can't hold back. We all knew that the only way we would pull this (movie) off was for everyone to give everything they had. I could not hold back. 


3. I like to do movies that I don't expect everyone to like. If someone comes up to me and says: "I hated that movie you did," I think, at least you felt passionate about it. It stuck with you and you had some feeling about it.

4. (on "Across the Universe" co-star Jim Sturgess) He's the best guy friend I have. I've always hung out with guys, but it's hard to find really good guy relationships that don't get weird. And it never has with us, once. 


5. I was always into very androgynous things. Guys, girls...I'm into androgyny in general.




6. I am trying to be a good person. I am trying to be myself, and if nobody likes me for me, that is their problem.


7. Whenever something bad happens, I just always have to tell myself that this is happening for a reason, and I have to be learning something from this and taking something away from this. And you just have to think about the big picture, and you have to remember just how small you are in the grand scheme of things, and that in the long run, you're probably going to be okay. So that's all I kept thinking about...just trying to make the best out of .

8. I look back on some of the stuff I wore and I'm so embarrassed. I definitely blame it on this clique of girls I was friends with back then. I've been talked into wearing stuff that I didn't want to wear. Now, I like very simple, elegant things, by Oscar de la Renta or Armani.


9. Oh God, I worry about everything, such as I'm gonna say something stupid. I'm not good at communicating what's going on in my head.





10. (on Marilyn Manson) We never have to explain anything. He can say something, or I can say something, and we automatically get it. And that's really nice when you can find somebody who needs no explanation.


11. If I go to see a Beatles film, I want it to be weird and artistic and interesting and experimental and psychedelic and dark at times and also beautiful - and that's what this is

12. Sometimes I forget that I am even watching myself, realizing that's me. It's like you almost become a fan yourself: You are just this normal person watching this show, and then you realize that it's your show. It's weird sometimes.

13. Falling in love is one of the scariest and hardest things that someone can do, but it's also the most amazing thing that can happen to you.


14. I just hate all that (showbusiness mingling). I just have to come back to reality for a little bit, have a real life. I'm pretty laid-back. I hang out with my friends, read, go to concerts and try and travel as much as I can. I'm not a party girl, I don't eat at the Ivy and I'm not shopping on Rodeo Drive. It's pretty easy to stay out of that if you want to. There are other places. I really like being able to go out anywhere and nobody really cares.

15. I've always had a real fascination with Alice in Wonderland and really related to it in some way. And since I was little, people always nicknamed me Alice, even total strangers. I do know I'm always in Wonderland. And I'm definitely just as curious. I don't mind being amongst the mad people, I enjoy it.

16. I'm in love with London. English boys are great. I completely fell in love with it over there.






17. Growing up on screen is painful. I have had to go through puberty with millions watching…I hope to have a career like Jodie Foster, going from child to adult actress.

18. I'm into for anything. Meet a nice guy, meet a nice girl.


19. (on her fame) It is a little weird, and I do feel a little bit disoriented sometimes. I'm usually pretty shy around people and pretty private. So yeah, it is a little weird all of a sudden to see yourself everywhere with your tongue hanging out! And a pierced tongue

20. What's nice about acting is that you're not just left with yourself all the time, but you get to see the world through so many different people's eyes.


21. I did jump in Lake Como with George and Marisa. I was just talking about that actually. It was crazy, it was fun. Within 30 minutes of arriving there, we were all in the lake. I will not confirm nor deny the skinny dipping. I did not participate unfortunately, but I cannot speak for the others...I'll let them reveal all.

22. I used to not even be able to order pizza on the phone because I was just so shy. I think that's why so much comes out on-screen, because that's my time to let go in a safe place. When you're doing that, it's all written down on paper and it's total fiction.

23. All my life people have made fun of me because I was so skinny. They kind of made me feel bad about it sometimes. I worried that maybe people will think I am really anorexic.

24. I've honestly fallen in love with a man and I've honestly fallen in love with a woman. I don't know how you label that, it's just how it is.


25. (on being independent and getting her own home) I'm such a crazy perfectionist, I probably stood in Linens 'n Things looking at the square plates or the round plates for, like, 10 minutes, going: "God, this is a big decision. These are my first plates! What am I going to get? What do I do?
 
26. If the world were to end tomorrow, I really believe I could say I have lived a full life already - and that I have been extremely lucky.



27. (on Marilyn Manson) And crazy, by the way, is the highest compliment I pay. Manson is definitely crazy. Hopefully I am, too.


28. If I'm going to do anything extreme, I want it to have consequences.

29. The secret lives of politicians are always shady. People need to accept the fact that their leaders aren't perfect. No one is.

30. (on dating Marilyn Manson) Everyone is so worried that I'm losing myself, but really I'm finding myself. I've never been more comfortable in my own skin.


31. The biggest lessons I've learned in life have probably come from a bad situation, from an angry situation, even if I wasn't the one who was angry.




32. You get a script that's not very good, and they're offering you millions of dollars, but you think: Okay, this script is so bad, I won't even do it for a million dollars…And then it gets to No. 1 at the box office, and people ask: "Don't you regret not doing that?" Not really.


33. I've made my own music, and the way I've always described it is Peggy Lee with an electric guitar, or Billie Holiday with some PJ Harvey in there.

34. I'm a big karaoke fan and I also love Justin Bieber unashamedly.


35. You don't have to take yourself so seriously all the time.

36. (on translating scripts onto the screen) A script can just be a blueprint, and you've got to go in and build it and color it in and paint it.

37. The Beatles mean so much to so many people, you know? Everybody has at least one song of The Beatles that's one of their favorite songs of all time.

38. I'm constantly changing, I'm constantly growing. I think I'm a little controversial...I just try and keep some mystery, so hopefully people can't really put their finger on it.


39. I always feel like one of the guys and very unintimidated.



40. (on doing her first nude scene in "Across the Universe") I won't just take my clothes off for anybody. It has to be the right circumstances. I couldn't have thought of a better way to do it because it wasn't a sex scene. It's a sleeping woman and somebody is singing something, which is one of the most beautiful songs written about a woman, period. And he's singing about you.


41. I'll never forget my 24th birthday when my tooth got punched out. And for a second I was like, it would be really hilarious if I sold it on eBay. But I can't, that's just too creepy. I don't think I can go there.

42. I didn't really get a normal childhood.


43. Just look at the messages today's media are sending everybody, from TV and commercials to actors and singers. Kids are just drowning in that 24-7 and it's getting really bad.

44. I don't remember a time when I wasn't acting. I have taken time off to figure out if it's what I really want to do, and it is. The only other job I'd want is to be a psychologist, as I spend most of my time analyzing people and emotions.


45. We all just kinda did everything we thought we were supposed to do and girls dated the guys they were supposed to and did things with the guys they were supposed to.


What do you think of Evan Rachel Wood's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts