Elizabeth Vargas In Rehab

Elizabeth Vargas of ABC News is currently in rehab for alcohol addiction.


Vargas, 51, checked herself into a rehabilitation center a few weeks ago.

In a statement to celebrity website Gossip Cop, Vargas was quoted as saying: "Like so many people, I am dealing with addiction. I realized I was becoming increasingly dependent on alcohol. I am in treatment and am so thankful for the love and support of my family, friends and colleagues at ABC News."


"Like so many others, I will deal with this challenge a day at a time," the "20/20" co-anchor went on, explaining: "If coming forward today gives one other person the courage to seek help, I'm grateful."

A rep for the network noted: "We are proud of the steps Elizabeth has taken and are pulling for her recovery. We look forward to having her back home at ABC News where she has done so much distinguished work over the years. Elizabeth is a member of our family and we will support her in every way we can."

Her comeback date is unknown.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts