Katy Perry: "I Am Dating My Crush"

Katy Perry spoke out in the November issue of W about dating John Mayer, her distressing divorce from Russell Brand and her new album "Prism".

Asked if she has a "cinematic crush," Perry, 28, revealed to the mag: "I actually am dating my crush. I had a crush on (John Mayer) for a long time, and it just so happens we fit together great."

Perry hinted that her track "Roar" was inspired in part by her 2011 separation from Brand, 38, claiming: "If you are not happy with something, you should change it. So I went to a lot of therapy, and finally, I am able to speak up for myself. You are going to hear me roar!"


While Katy stated she "really loved" being married, she noted: "I like how I am now, and I think all things happen for a reason."





Perry also discussed her early career, explaining that she was "a little entitled" and "a little bratty" when she first came to L.A. at age 17.

Perry was quoted as saying: "I was living in Beverly Hills, and a big famous producer had taken me under his wing. I was getting a monthly allowance - I had a Louis Vuitton key chain for my Jetta! I thought I was the bee's knees."


Katy continued: "But it didn't last: I got dropped from my record label. And the Jetta was impounded. And I couldn't pay my bills."





"As cheesy as it sounds, the rejection built a lot of character in me. It takes strength to stick around in this business," Perry concluded.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts