Kim Basinger Quotes

1. I work in a strange business, and trust is a word that's not even in the vocabulary.


2. I wanted to be a writer; I wanted to sing.

3. I got to do a live recording with Stan Getz!

4. And ever since I've been totally against carriage horses. I'd rather talk about that than about how I am perceived in ways that have not an iota of truth.


5. I'm a much different voice than I have been for myself. When I go there, I can be very strong.

6. I went through these things when I wanted to wear short skirts up to my you-know-what.

7. As far as I'm concerned, I don't eat meat.

8. Time should change traditions.

9. Humor is intelligence. Humor is so important in your life. And it's so important to know that you can always fall back on it, even when things are just going in the most spiraling downhill.


10. I'm prejudiced but I think no one can do this as well as Curtis Hanson can. I think he has his finger on the pulse of America and on people - not just America, on the world - and what people want to see or need or whatever. He went into those waters and I'm glad he took me with him.

 11. If you could see or feel the suffering you wouldn't think twice. Give back life. Don't eat meat.

12. After all the years I've been in Hollywood, I still don't know a lot of the directors and producers who are working today.



13. I've had a lot of things written about me, both positive and negative.

14. I'm not a real social person - I'm shy - and a lot of the business is just social.


15. Blake Edwards taught me something. He loves slapstick; I got to be crazy in his films…I got to fall down, get up, and he loves all that, and I knew that I could do that by early on. He was sort of my teacher. He let me do that.

16. I've learned about journalists and how they do salt and pepper things; I think it makes the copy funny.


17. It's something many actresses had back then. When they had it, they had it, this kind of glint. It was something in their eyes, something in their intonation. They always caught you off guard.


18. You have to be a little unreal to be in this business.


19. Eminem is very cool. This is a very intense ride and we had to go to some raw places, some very hard places with this script. It was hard. It was tough.




20. I look at marriage and I think marriage is phenomenal. I think it's great. I don't hold anything against marriage.


21. It was all about my will, my agenda - and I learned to take my hands off that control panel.



22. I got to sing, and that is my truest love of all, that and writing.

23. My security was having Curtis Hanson at the helm of this. I knew he would get me where he wanted me to go. It was a wild ride. It was a scary ride. It was really, really scary at times.


24. Basically, my work in the last ten years has been for the protection of animals, and it has opened me up to every organized animal-rights group.



25. I have to get through all these tears about animals, though, so I can do something about it. Animals don't need your tears; they need your help.


26. I just feel passionately about the horses and I will until it's no longer a tradition in New York. 






27. Nobody interviewed Kitty Potter about what she wore. I would have loved to hear what she would have said about some of this stuff.

28. On that film and "I Dreamed of Africa", I was able to submerge myself into the work and we were all there for the same reason: To try to do the best we can, do a great piece of work and not take it all so seriously.


29. I just didn't want to waste my time, I wanted to have fun and didn't want to work with people with big egos again, if they don't check them at the door.




30. I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely.


31. In American cinema, people will take a chance on you, though they'll often remind you that really, they always liked you.

32. I think any girl who comes to Hollywood with sex symbol or bombshell hanging over her has a rough road.


33. She just came out of left field because Altman really didn't know who Kitty Potter was. And I don't think he even knew who she was at the end of the shoot. I sure as hell didn't know who she was, and I really did not know what this movie was about.

34. I still eat sushi, though I'm trying my best to have my last sushi roll.


35. You lose your anonymity just like a helium balloon with a string. Therefore people are going to have their own opinion and they're going to write in whatever clever manner they desire.



36. The governor of California, Pete Wilson, recently signed a bill offering protection to diseased and crippled farm animals. We worked very hard to get this act, the first of its kind in the country.


37. I liked the fact that I didn't have to worry about being brought up for cheating, but it was kind of a pain to turn it into the Web site.

38. To form another person's opinion, you are its mirror, and to raise a halfway decent human being on this planet is a pretty hard job in this day and age.


39. I wouldn't trade anything no matter how good or bad or difficult. I'm the luckiest girl in the world as far as I'm concerned.




40. We can't comment about that yet, but I can tell you one thing about Altman: I trust him. I trust that he knows what's real. That was my whole take on him when I worked with him for the first time on "Fool for Love".


41. Well, Alec and I are looking for a farm, because I have a cow named Henry. 


42. I'm my own worst enemy sometimes when I pick projects.

43. I'm a very determined businesswoman…I've got lots of things to do, and I don't have time to be classified as difficult, and I don't have time.

44. Children need to grow up and make their own decisions - how they want to pierce their bodies or do whatever they need to. 


45. Well, I'm not very comfortable with looking at myself in the mirror before I do a scene, anyway. It really throws me.

46. I remember that Jack Lemmon, who is one of my favorite actors of all time, says that the day he stops being nervous is the day he should leave the business.

47. I love to be nervous before a scene.


48. When you work with Adrian it's a love-hate thing. You hate him because he wants you to do this, and you love him when it all goes well.



49. I cannot really be responsible for other people's thought processes.


50. My priorities had been changing before I had Addie but after she was born they changed completely. I don't count - my daughter sort of owns me.




51. Taking baths in Africa was a real challenge at times. I got real dirty, and sometimes I stayed like that for 2 days. That was pretty hard going.


52. I'm a very determined person.

53. I think I'm very determined in things that I fight for in the work I do for animals and lately with my daughter.


54. My hand still shakes when I sign autographs. I still go and sit in the movies like everyone else and look up there and go God! Movie stars! Wow! And I'm in this business. I walk out there just fascinated and I always want to stay like that. I'm just a little kid going to these movies and I don't ever want to change.

55. The media paint ugly pictures about you.


56. Sometimes it takes the truth a little longer to cross the finishing line. When people start finding out the truth, they all turn around. It's all about time. You have to have patience.

57. There's no doubt that becoming a mother was the greatest thing I'll ever do.


58. I think the first fashion show I ever went to in my life was when Armani flew me to Milan. And that was two years ago.




59. One realizes how we take water for granted and how important it is to have it in order to stay alive. Beyond the drinking of it, let's not forget the hygiene.

60. I try not to be too judgmental of others, even though I would love to think that the definition of the word animal will change somehow before I leave this planet.


What do you think of Kim Basinger's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts