Kesha Quotes

1. I have haters. I have so many haters.

2. I'm not thuggy.

3. My music is fun, kind of cheeky.

4. I was very studious.

5. I don't go to clubs.

6. I don't get embarrassed.

7. I do my laundry on a weekly basis.


8. I do love country music.


9. I'm responsible.

10. My mother taught me how to write.

11. I am a huge fan of the transgender community.

12. I have rock 'n' roll pumping through my veins.

13. I want to reconnect to my animal life.


14. (on brushing teeth with Jack) I have. I woke up in Vegas once and there was no toothpaste, but there was some leftover Jack Daniel's. I figured it would be good for my morning breath.

15. I believe in karma, and I believe if you put out positive vibes to everybody, that's all you're going to get back.


16. My show is a sensory assault…in a very brief manner - the show is only 25 minutes long.




17. I don't have the best body in the world, but I know for a fact that I have a really good voice.

18. I've done the country, done the pop-rock, done the super-hard electro.


19. (on being a real party girl) That depends. You've got to define "party girl." If you mean I'm a walking good time, then hells yeah. But I'm not wasted and stumbling out of clubs and getting DUIs. I'm not that kind of party girl. I may be blonde and fun as balls, but I'm not a moron.

20. I'm pretty sure that I was JFK in my past life.




21. I wouldn't have a No. 1 record or song if I wasn't a hardworking person.

22. I just like playing with makeup and clothes - so I really don't feel like there are rules, and if there are rules, then I think it's up to you to break them.


23. Of course there are certain things that get to me, but I try and lead by example and show people that, especially with haters, that you should just ignore them.



24. I love creepy old dudes. I love that they have so much self-confidence, despite having no evidence whatsoever to back it up.

25. If you want to be a legitimate artist, it's more important what you say no to.


26. I write about what I'm going through.

27. (when asked if she'd ever kissed a girl) Oh, yeah. I don't remember if I've ever made out with Katy, but I've kissed some b****es in my life.


28. I've always been into bearded dudes.

29. I do think I have a rebellious, metal-loving rock chick inside of me.

30. I can't walk in high heels, never mind dance in them.

31. I try to get in quiet time and book time, but really, the only time I ever get that is when I'm on an airplane - I have a fear of flying, but I actually love flying because it's the only time I can sleep, and it's the only time I get to read.


32. I could party in a cardboard box with people who are funny and don't care. For me, it's really about who I surround myself with, so I just try to always be with hilarious people.

33. I never want to be pretentious.


34. (on presenting with Justin Bieber at the Grammys) He's such a tiny little baby! I would've loved to push him around onstage in a carriage.



35. One fan sent me one tooth, so I made a necklace out of it. But then I found a bunch of my baby teeth, and started realizing I would love to wear a piece of my fans' bodies on me.


36. It is so fascinating that someone can commit their whole entire lifestyle to being such a fantastic woman when I'm such a bum about it.






37. I'm sure you gathered this by now: I just do what I want. Have I made out with chicks? Hell yeah. Did I think it was awesome? Hell yeah. I wouldn't call myself bi. Like, if I didn't eat meat for a week, it doesn't make me a vegetarian. So I like people, and that's just it. I like people.


38. My makeup is usually left over from the night before.

39. I'm over dudes trying to look like they're in boy bands.

40. I'm just very amused by five-year-old humor.

41. I do destroy men on a weekly basis. It's like a hobby. I'm like a praying mantis.


42. I think I am really irreverent and I pretty much just talk to and about men the way men talk to and about women.


43. Rap in general has never been my steez, but I like it.

44. I wanted to make youthful, irreverent anthems. Parents might not get it, but kids would.

45. I'm not saying I look cool, but every single time I go onstage, it is a fail if I don't feel like I'm going to pass out at least twice.


46. Honestly, I think its kinda funny that you waste your breath talking about me. Got me feeling kinda special really. (So this is what your all about.)






47. Just because I'm sassy and have a mouth on me doesn't mean I'm coming from a negative place.

48. If I smear glitter on my face, you don't have a choice - you will be more attracted to me. It's part of our brand makeup. So anyway, then I started thinking, why just do my eyes? Why not my entire body? And at the end of my shows why don't I put a backpack on that's like a hand - held cannon and blast glitter at people? So not only do I look attractive, but so does everybody who's dancing? It's kind of like become my thing.


49. I write about stuff that happens to me, so I try to live as interesting a life as possible.

50. There is no correlation between happiness and amounts of money.

51. I went through awkward, chubby, total weirdo phases.

52. I'm really fun. I'm ridiculously fun. I hope I'm infectiously fun.


53. I think people should give in to what they feel like doing at the time and be a raw animal.

54. Every weird thing about you is beautiful and makes life interesting.

55. I'm writing constantly about all my crazy experiences across the world, so I have a lot of music I've already written.

56. I put on the best live show, the absolute best live show I can possibly can.


57. I'm not saying I'm the perfect role model. But I'm honest. Period.


58. It can bum you out when your intentions aren't, like, translated properly.

59. You don't have to carry a designer bag that costs more than a car to look cool.

60. I've always been loud and obnoxious and sneaking my way into things, and so I feel like I've snuck my way onto the Lollapalooza lineup, and I'm going to sneak my way into whatever else I get to do.


61. Sometimes it is hard to sing and dance at the same time, but I would rather be off and be real and genuine about it to my fans.






62. People are shocked by it, but if I were Guns N' Roses or Van Halen, noone would be surprised. Or a rapper - look at all those songs on the radio that are, like: "Girl go up and down the pole". I mean, dance for me dudes!


63. I think there's a good pop song in pretty much anything.

64. I like vintage a lot.

65. I'm a singer and a writer first. I started to rap by accident, being playful.

66. I do have a stylist who helps me shop, because I don't have time to shop.

67. It's about time that society accepts people for who they are.


68. When you're around me, you're going to get glitter on you.



69. Society has taught us to suppress certain things and not do certain things.

70. I played saxophone and trumpet. Pretty nerdy.


71. I love country music, blues, and punk, and one day I might make those kinds of records.

72. What I'm doing is art - it's low-brow art but there's a magic in that.

73. Hangin' with a carny. It tells me those turkey legs at the renaissance festival are made out of emu. Is that legal?


74. My band and I, we cover our bodies in hairspray and glitter. We use the hairspray to make sure the glitter sticks.

75. I think people can stand to take themselves just a little less seriously. I'm fighting the war against pretension.

76. I play a lot of instruments… and I can dance and I can really, really sing, so I'm going to be doing all that and, meanwhile, covering everybody in glitter.

77. What I'm bringing to the pop table is that I'm not pretentious.


78. You really can't stereotype people or put them in boxes, it's unfair.




79. You have to have a sense of humor about life to get through it.

80. If you come to a live show, it's a sensory assault. You will leave covered in sweat, beer, glitter, and, just maybe, you'll get a special edition Kesha condom. If it breaks, you have to name your daughter or son after me.


81. I plan on making a lot more records, and hopefully one of them will be Grammy worthy.


82. All men that date me have to know that their name may end up in a pop song.

83. Be yourself. Unapologetically.

84. (referring to her part in Right Round) Whatever. I'm money - I don't need money.


85. Somebody sent me their tooth, which I now wear as an earring. It's a molar, I think. I love it when people send me body parts.






86. Working in this industry, I have been exposed to so many products and now realize more than ever how cruel and unnecessary animal testing is.

87. A friend of mine has a big farm in the desert, and she picks up feathers and roadkill for me, then makes it into clothes. I think it's cool to wear roadkill. If I died and somebody wanted to wear my teeth around their neck to VMAs, I'd feel honored.



88. I hope to bring much more attention to important issues and change for issues and practices that are harming animals.


89. Glitter! Glitter is my makeup of choice. Tying into the whole animal theme, I am a diver, and this barracuda tried to eat me once. I realized it was because I was wearing a gold bikini, a lot of piercings, and was covered in glitter. Apparently most animals are instinctively very attracted to glittery things - our brains are just drawn to them. So I figured: Why not smear it all over my face?

90. (on Britney lip syncing at concerts) I don't think that's fair at all for people who are going to see the show. I think if you are going to be a singer, you should sing. If you are going to be a dancer, you should dance. If you are going to do a combination of the two, you should make it very clear when you are singing and very clear when you are dancing. I would never do that to my fans.

91. Eventually, I would love to be on my deathbed and looked at as an icon. Right now I'm still at the baby stages of my career. But that is the goal.









92. I am so not a proper, good female. I can't dance in high heels and I'm just so not girly, but then I see these men with these banging bodies, dancing in heels, singing, and having so much fun with so much make-up on. That makes me honestly want to be a better woman.


93. Everything I write is based on something I've personally experienced, or things that my friends have experienced that I just find horribly entertaining.


94. I just think that gay men have much better taste than any straight man I have met. I have never gotten any grief about having a good time, being unapologetic, and irreverent from a gay man.


95. I want to make out with the fat guy from "The Hangover"…He's amazing. I like big, fat guys with beards that wear thick glasses.



96. You never know what an artist is going to create next.

97. I love wearing the exact same thing all the time because I think it makes you like a cartoon character. They always wear the same outfit and everybody always remembers them for it, so I feel like I should do the same thing.


98. I think people need to have fun with whatever they're doing - makeup, their clothes, music, live shows - anything you don't need to take too seriously, don't take too seriously.



99. I know that I can sing. That's the reason I started playing music when I was twelve years old.

100. Writing for somebody else is really fun 'cause I consider myself a songwriter first and foremost.


101. I grew up in the Bible Belt and I made my own clothes and dyed my hair purple. Nobody ever knew what to do with me.



102. I don't wear a lot of high heels.

103. I want a pig. I want a pig on a leash. A baby pig on a leash.


104. I understand I'm supposed to be feminine and dainty, but I'm not. There are two sides to the coin. People are more impressed with things that I do because they almost treat you as if you're handicapped if you're a woman…people can be impressed that I can play a few chords on the guitar.

105. I don't want to treat my fans like they are stupid.


106. Glitter is my makeup of choice.










107. You're an animal, you live, maybe this one time is your lifetime - go there. Who cares what somebody else thinks?

108. Jack Daniels is an anti-bacterial and it's way better than morning breath. Let me put it this way, if you wake up naked in a bathtub and you have the choice between rinsing out with Jack Daniels or trying to make out with some dude with morning breath, I would recommend picking up the Jack.


109. I deal with haters on a daily basis.

110. I don't really plan what comes out of my mouth, and that's what makes most of my lyrics entertaining.

111. I don't want young people to think they can't make a difference because they don't have money.


112. I embrace the imperfections and celebrate them.


What do you think of Kesha's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts