Brad Pitt: "I Did Too Much Drug Damage And I Got Burnt Out"

Brad Pitt is happier than he could have ever imagined with Angelina Jolie and their inseparable family. 
In a candid interview Pitt opens up about his drug-damaged life.

Pitt, 49, discusses his life in the June/July 2013 issue of Esquire, admitting that he destroyed himself with drugs and lived a drifter life until about a decade ago, when he found real happiness with Jolie.


"For a long time I thought I did too much damage - drug damage. I was a bit of a drifter," Pitt was quoted as saying, explaining: "A guy who felt he grew up in something of a vacuum and wanted to see things, wanted to be inspired. I followed that other thing. I spent years (expletive) off. But then I got burnt out and felt that I was wasting my opportunity."

"It was a conscious change. This was about a decade ago. It was an epiphany - a decision not to squander my opportunities. It was a feeling of get up. Because otherwise, what's the point?" Pitt claimed.

Though his pals and family circle is small, he reveals his life is better than ever.


"I have very few friends. I have a handful of close friends and I have my family and I haven't known life to be any happier. I'm making things. I just haven't known life to be any happier," Pitt admitted.

Pitt, who met Jolie on the 2004 set of Mr. and Mrs. Smith and began a family with her shortly after they were first snapped together on vacation in Kenya in April 2005, gushes over his close knit family.


"I always thought that if I wanted to do a family, I wanted to do it big. I wanted there to be chaos in the house...there's constant chatter in our house, whether it's giggling or screaming or crying or banging," Pitt noted.

"I love it. I love it. I love it. I hate it when they're gone. I hate it. Maybe it's nice to be in a hotel room for a day - "Oh, nice, I can finally read a paper." But then, by the next day, I miss that cacophony, all that life," Brad added.



To read Brad Pitt's full interview, pick up the
June/July 2013 issue of Esquire, on newsstands now.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts