Marc Jacobs Quotes

1. That was a time when I did love music, I couldn't get enough of what was going on. Maybe it was Nirvana that brought me back. I guess it was a comfort because something that sounded so right - and non-commercial - had become so influential, so immediately.


2. I love to take things that are everyday and comforting and make them into the most luxurious things in the world.

3. I always find it kind of embarrassing, kind of funny, and kind of exciting. In New York I'm recognized a lot, although nobody says anything. You know, they stare at you just a second too long. But in Paris it's not as commonplace to be recognized.

4. I don't think: "Gee, I'd like to dress this person." There was a picture in Us magazine. It was a jersey dress, and Courtney Love was wearing it. I have this thing about Courtney Love, this funny worship.



5. I like spending time at home. In Paris, people drop by and have a bite to eat, or they drop by and watch Friends on TV. I take my dog to the office there, and I walk to work sometimes.

6. I remember walking the dog one day, I saw a car full of teenage girls, and one of them rolled down the window and yelled: "Marc Jacobs!" in a French accent.



7. I think of many people and no one as a muse. I love the way Sofia looks always, and I love the way Kim looks always. Fashion may be part of their world, but it's not their whole life. It's not everything.

8. I wouldn't know how to find eBay on the computer if my life depended on it.

9. I said: "Okay, it's the year 2000, I'm getting a computer and a Palm Pilot." I know how to check my e-mail, and I've listed some phone numbers on it. Half the time the battery has gone out so I can't use it.

10. I'd like to believe that the women who wear my clothes are not dressing for other people, that they're wearing what they like and what suits them. It's not a status thing.

11. It's quite nice to see that I didn't have to change who I was to reach two very different types of people.


12. It just seemed too weird to me. I don't know, maybe they were smoking a joint in the car downstairs from their parents' apartment. I had to go that far to put together a scenario of how they could have possibly recognized me.

13. Sofia is so active, and she made The Virgin Suicides, which I thought was great - all these things are inspiring to me, not in terms of creating a particular dress, but just in terms of knowing that there is this type of woman out there.

14. Sometimes I miss hamburgers, I should say that. I miss the tuna pizzas at Mercer Kitchen.









15. Sometimes there are two very opposite directions, and we go with the stronger one at the end. It's an impulse thing, like: "Oh, I love both so much, but it's got to be one or the other because the two don't work together."

16. We're developing things, but I don't know what we'll go with for the show, so I don't like to talk about it.



17. My designs are aimed at fashion conscious urbanites.


18. Fragrance, like fashion is meant to express a strong personal style.

19. I don't even know where to begin or end, how I feel about Courtney Love. I think she's just this larger-than-life thing.

20. I'm openly gay, and I'm not ashamed of it.





21. You cannot charge $1200 for a dress that looks like it was bought in a second hand store and makes most women over the age 19 look ugly.

22. Actually, there are a lot of different small accessories and they can all be sort of assembled on one belt. But they're very, very feminine. There's nothing military about them.

23. When I see students now, I just don't think they are prepared to work so hard. It comes too easy.



24. Happy, happy fashion. There is not much more to it than that.

25. You don't do a double-take any more. Our eyes have become accustomed to it. I mean, a dowdy skirt is accepted as just a chic length now.

26. I still think that I'm doing grunge collections, for lack of a better way to say it. But it's not perceived that way anymore.






27. Whoever moved those show dates up in New York should be executed.

28. There was this idea of the shoe-gazer, this person who couldn't look up, who's sort of insecure. And I've always felt like that, that I never fit in. But that's sort of empowering too.

29. Before we opened, we did some research on the North Shore and we found that people wanted both Italian and seafood. Those are the two things we heard the most, and we thought, let's give 'em both.


30. You know, the edge of black lying on pale pink, or a petal pink pump with a black jagged outline, or something like that... so there's a graphic, you know the sort of shock against pink or black against color.

31. The pants and bottoms are fuller and, again, sort of soft with either gathering or tucks of some smocking details. The tops are pretty small narrow shoulders.







32. Color is bigger than ever...We have been talking about color for a few years, and this season it is taking off. With our idea of fused color, it is off the chart. We are mixing lavender with grass and salmon with tangerines. Really beautiful...green and yellow all in the same lens, and it just gives it a fabulous effect.

33. The shapes are more angular, more aviator in feeling. A little bit larger and oversize...They're also doing wonderful combinations, mixing the acetates with metals, and wonderful colored lenses are bigger than ever again.






34. I like the sort of "nothingness" of the jeans and the T-shirt. I feel that's about as close as I can get to the future because it seems like something so old that will always be, so I feel it's a safe bet for the future.

35. I really think about the clothes and the cut of the clothes, so we try to work the decoration into the seams. We've added borders, piping and again more top stitching - things that give dimension to otherwise flat fabrics.

36.  I need to make things with my hands everyday.

37. I envy the people who go to Paris the first time.

38. Will I regret it someday? I don’t know, but I’m not going to deny myself this pleasure today because of what I don’t know in the future.

39. I don’t know why I love what I love, but I love that I don’t know.

40. I like people who have a sense of individuality. I love expression and anything awkward and imperfect, because that’s natural and that’s real.

41. Innovation is an evolutionary process, so it’s not necessary to be radical all the time.





42. To create something exceptional, your mindset must be focused on the smallest detail.

What do you think of Marc Jacobs quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts