Ann Wilson Quotes

1. At that time a lot of young men didn't want to go to the war and kill. This guy that I fell in love with was one of those so he escaped to Canada and I followed him.



2. Back when we were first making records, you didn't just make the music, you put a great deal of energy into the way it looked, and every word that was written on the whole thing.

3. Fleetwood Mac are more like a folk-rock band.

4. Heart has always been a rock band. It's always been hard-rock.


5. I don't think we will use the 80s glossy sound again.



6. I don't think we ever clash but we do become frosty.




7. I don't think we'll ever use the same sound techniques.

8. I guess we decided to make a new record 3 years ago when Nancy was done scoring for Almost Famous.


9. I like the way remixes sound. Some of them are really creative.

10. I like The White Stripes and I like the kinda twang American thing right now.


11. I think the theme of the album probably was just that it was our first record.



12. I'm a little bit more unusual so I consider myself as the black sheep.

13. I've got two sisters and they're both married and they're both much more settled into the way things are.


14. It was darn nigh impossible for women in rock in the '70s. There wasn't a mold if you were a woman and you were in the entertainment in the '70s. You were probably a disco diva or a folk singer, or simply ornamental. Radio would play only one woman per hour.


15. It's a really bad idea to be in a band and get involved with each other.

16. No way, because there's love relationships, there's sex relationships and then there's the band.


17. Led Zeppelin, you can't find a better band to pay homage to.

18. People can't just listen to the music and have their own imagination and take them where they wanna go.

19. You have to also provide a video for it, look a certain way and big hair... If you're a woman it's even more strange with fake fingernails and corsets and all this stuff that was big in the 80s.

20. We're not like Alice In Chains where somebody dies and the band breaks up.


21. You noticed from last night, we only did two from the 80s. And our set's two hours long.





22. They always turn the beat around and dropping beats here and adding beats here. It's pretty fun, as musicians, to play that stuff.

23. It's four people and I played bass, very acoustic, lots of harmonies, kinda like Crosby, Stills and Nash in the 60s or something, real retro.


24. But I think after this tour Nancy's gonna score another Cameron Crowe movie called Elizabethtown and I'm gonna do a million things which I'm not sure what they are right now.





25. Everything was a benefit with The Lovemongers.

26. We have this sisterly thing going, you know, finish each others sentences and so on. She makes me feel really comfortable behind the microphone.


27. Well, Nancy and I have always loved to sing harmonies in a big way cos we did that in our family.


28. We did lots of things to raise money for breast-cancer or ecological causes.

29. That's why, at the end of the 80s, we decided to take a break from it, just put the old car up on blocks and work on it.

30. Nancy and I have always owned this band, we've always run this band and been very un-folk.


31. I think that's why we got The Lovemongers together because it was just like getting back to the family thing of singing.





32. I'm a single mum and my daughter came from a really potentially tragic situation. If I had not adopted her she was kind of like a lost lamb.

33. We took a few deep breaths and decided how to present it fresh. That's why it's been so long since we had a studio album.


34. Not to put them down cos they're my friends but if you break up with somebody, the band keeps going. If you fire somebody, the band keeps going. Because the band is like a river. It's like a fork that just has a drive.


35. People who worked at Rolling Stone that used to write about us, were Ben Fong-Torres, like the older guard writers.

36. Nancy is my best friend.

37. And also because I've been in relationships with men but I'm not married now and I had two children and I'm doing it myself.


38. We didn't always come from Seattle cos our father was in the military so we lived in Taiwan and Panama and all the different military bases around.


39. We came to rest in Seattle when I was about 12 and we stayed there from then on.

40. Yeah so I guess you could say we're from Seattle.

41. All the songs that were written for that album are just all our first sophomore songs. So they're all from real life. Very sweet and very innocent.


42. Writing is the music of the heart that a serene mind can listen, interpret, and give an endless life.


43. Women are sometimes so emotionally attached to the house that they cannot see the financial pros and cons of it.

44. We're not worrying about active flames any more, just trying to get it mopped up and cleaned up.

45. Groundwater analysis indicates the headwater streams located above the lake supply good cold water inputs that are capable of supporting brook trout.


46. I am a daily reader of the Centre Daily Times online every day from the beautiful island of Maui.





47. As long as single parents have good jobs and continue to earn, their investment strategies will be similar to married people.

48. You have to remain diligent and protect the habitat. If we don't do anything extra, they might start declining again.


49. Many women are familiar with the Becoming an Outdoors-Woman programs offered in Michigan, and this special weekend will focus on winter activities in one of the most beautiful places for snow-related recreation in the Midwest.





50. We're just pleased that all parties were able to reach an agreement and that the lawsuit has come to an end. We now look forward to moving on with the business of raising money to support Iowa State University.


51. The DNR has not been served with the lawsuit as of this date. We have no comment until we can review the document.




52. The group makes an effort to find something that benefits community resources in all ways. We don't just help to buy books.

53. We want people to gather, have fun and get to know local artists. Young couples and professionals are important to this scene because they know what's cutting edge and spread the word to others. Once people step into our activity, they realize there's a lot of talent here in Polk County that many others haven't yet experienced.


What do you think of Ann Wilson's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts