How did stars react to Amy Winehouse death!

As news spread that 27-year-old Amy Winehouse was dead, stars immediately tweeted their shocked reactions and remorse over the lost talent. 




Katy Perry, who touches down in Boise, Idaho, this weekend as part of her California Dreams Tour, tweeted her condolences, writing, "RIP Amy Winehouse. May she finally find peace."  

image

Nicki Minaj, who is also on the road as part of Britney Spears' Femme Fatale jaunt, took to Twitter and expressed disbelief at the news of Winehouse's passing.


"Please tell me Amy Winehouse didn't die," wrote the Young Money MC, who's set to hit the stage in Florida on Saturday (July 23). "Is this some sick joke?" 
 
"I am genuinely heartbroken about this," wrote Rihanna, who continued to express her shock over multiple tweets.

 

"Dear God have mercy!!! I am SICK about this right now!" In another, she wrote "U made a MAJAH impression on this industry and throughout the world, in such a short space of time...too short!


Usher reflected on Winehouse, who he had known: "I'm so sad to hear the horrible news of Amy Winehouse's death. I'm so happy I knew you Amy...Rest Well. Gone Too Soon...we'll miss you!!"" 



Frequent tweeter Kim Kardashian used her 140 characters to send prayers: "I just heard the news that Amy Winehouse passed away. What a true talent. I pray she's in a better place & at peace." 


Meanwhile, Ryan Seacrest showed Winehouse's impact on the music industry, singling out both Lady Gaga and Adele as those who had been influenced.


"Sad to lose Amy Winehouse - in

cred talent. Both @ &LadyGaga @OfficialAdele say Amy paved way for them." 
 

Dr. Drew focused on the singer's well-documented struggles with addiction. "SO sad, another lost to addiction. A reminder this is often a fatal condition. Recovery is possible, but sadly not for Amy Winehouse." 

 samylei:

Always & forever.

Winehouse's American record label, Universal Republic, said in a statement: "We are deeply saddened at the sudden loss of such a gifted musician, artist and performer. Our prayers go out to Amy's family, friends and fans at this difficult time." 


Many More Stars Are Reacting.
 
Leann Rimes: "RIP Amy Winehouse. So sad to see such a talent gone and her life end in tragedy. This makes me terribly sad."

Khloe Kardashian: "Wow! I just heard about Amy Winehouse passing away! Wow! So sad :( what an amazing talent" 

Ashton Kutcher: "Rip amy winehouse" 


Big Boi: "Kurt Cobain, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix and now Amy Winehouse. All died aged 27. RIP to you all." 

Kelly Osbourne: "i cant even breath right my now im crying so hard i just lost 1 of my best friends. i love you forever Amy & will never forget the real you!" 
 


Rick Ross: "Wanted to collab w/ Amy Winehouse...r.i.p...smoking 1 in your memoryyy!!" 

Janelle Monae: "heart is heavy. My heart goes out 2 Amy Winehouse's family, loved ones. Praying for their strength during this time." 


Ricky Martin: "I just found out. I feel pain. I feel anger. Rest beautiful girl rest. You are free!" 

Cee Lo: "Is it true about amy?" 



Victoria Justice: "I'm so sad about the #amywinehouse news I heard this morning. She was 1 of my favorite artists. What a sad story, she was such a talent..." 

Randy Jackson: "Wow what a tragic loss today in the music world, Amy Winehouse such a talent. She will be missed" 


Kreayshawn: "I said she was a TIMELESS artist and a real artist because of her struggle. I'm so upset I love her! RIP Amy Winehouse"

Comments

Popular Posts